Toll Free Conference FAQ
- What is a toll-free conference call?
- A conference call is three or more people talk on the phone at the same time from different locations using a toll-free number. Conference calls allow everyone to be in the same meeting regardless of location.
- How long does it take to set up an account?
- We have instant set up with your on-line application. As soon as we approve your account (usually within minutes), you will receive an email with instructions on how to start using AccuConference for your conference calls.
- How do I make a Conference Call?
- Notify your participants of the day / time of your conference call.
- Send your participants the toll-free access number and participant code.
- Instruct your participants to dial the access number at the time you specified.
- Five minutes before your conference, dial your access number and enter your moderator code.
- Your conference call will begin immediately!
- How do I schedule a one-time use conference with unique codes?
- Login to you account
- Under Conference Manager - click on “Schedule Audio Call”
- Choose Name, Date, Time
- How do I utilize the AccuConference Outlook Plugin?
- The Outlook
plug-in automatically inserts relevant conference information and enables a user to generate meeting invitations and reminders for your participants.
- Should I schedule a call, or use my reservationless codes?
- Use the Online Call Scheduler to setup one-time use codes. These "scheduled" codes will expire after one use.
- You can use your Reservationless Codes anytime without telling us (unless you are expecting more than 50 people on your call).
- How do I increase the volume on a call?
- Each time you press *4, the call will increase in volume. There are 3 levels of volume increase. Once you press *4 during the highest level of volume, the volume level will return to the lowest level.
- Do I have to sign a service contract?
- No. We want to earn your business everyday and we do not see the need to restrict your freedom as a customer!
- How many people may participate on one call?
- We can support as many people or sites as you need connected 3, 30, 300, and more. **If over 50 participants please call us so we can guarantee you no problems.
- When will I be billed?
- You will be billed monthly for your usage. Your billing date is listed under your account settings. If you wish, select the billing day which best suits you.
- What if someone calls from a payphone?
- If you access our system using a payphone within North America, a 60 cent payphone surcharge is applicable.
- Can participants use their cell phones to join the conference call?
- Yes you can use your cell phone to call our 800 access number and join a conference call.
****Special Note to Cell Phone Users*****
Although access to our system is available from your cell phone through the toll-free number, your cell phone provider may/or may not charge you AIR TIME and other CHARGES. AccuConference.com is not responsible for the particular contract items related to what your cell phone provider is allowed to charge. Please make sure you know what your cell phone service plan states regarding this issue.
- What if someone calls from Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or Canada?
- Calls from Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto
Rico, or Canada are included in your toll-free rate.
- How do I record a conference call?
- There are three ways to record your call.
- Press *2 when you are ready to begin recording.
- Click on the record icon on your dynamic conference management page online.
- Set your conference to automatically record every call (this feature can be enabled from your Conference Manager in your account online before your conference is initiated).
- What are the Conference Recording Playback Controls?
- *Note: You may press "0" anytime during the recording to hear the following instructions.
- Press 2 - Pause/Resume
- Press 5 - Start over
- Press 3 - Skip forward 5 minutes
- Press 6 - Fast Forward (2x speed) - Press '6' again to increase speed.
- Press 1 - Skip backward 5 minutes
- Press 4 - Rewind (2x speed) - Press '4' again to increase speed.
- How do non-US residents join the call?
- A person that is not located in the US can dial the direct dial number (it would be a US number) and enter the Conference Pass code or you can out dial to the participant. Please note, that international out dial capability is not automatically enabled upon account activation. We require a hard
copy of credit card authorization to be faxed to us and it may take up to 1 business day to turn this function on.
- What kind of taxes would be added to my bill?
- The FCC has mandated an 11% USF fee and account holders residing in Texas will be charged Texas sales tax.
- How is the toll free 'pay as you go' plan different from a flat rate plan?
- With the toll
free plan participants will dial a toll-free number to access a conference call and the account holder will be charged 7.9¢ per minute/per person. The number of participants with the toll free plan is unlimited.
With the flat rate plan, participants will dial a long distance number (404-area code) and participants will be responsible for their own long distance charges. The account holder will pay a flat monthly fee and can use the account for an unlimited number of calls. The number of participants, however, is limited to the number of lines purchased on the flat rate plan.
- What plan would work best for my needs?
- The answer to this is basically dependent on whether you want your callers to pay for their own long distance or do you want to provide toll free access. Please see our rate
calculator to help you decide which plan is best for your needs.
- Are there any discounts available?
- Yes. Non-profit
organizations, schools, and government agencies qualify
for the rate of 4.9¢ per minute. See our 'Get Connected' page for more information.
For-profit groups will receive an automatic high volume discount to 5.9¢ when they use more than 2000 minutes per month.